In House Training
Trainings form an integral part of employee development at NEI. Regular in-house and external resource conducted trainings are organized at the Institute.
Fellowship in Medical Retina
In addition to 18 months long term comprehensive fellowship, NEI now offers a short- term fellowship in Medical Retina
Patients having retinal diseases are examined on a regular basis in NEI, which is a tertiary eye care centre of Uttrakhand and has a fully equipped VR Vitreoretina setup.
Candidates who are interested in developing their diagnostics and therapeutic skills in retinal diseases may contact us for this 2 month fellowship programme.
A candidate undergoing this training will learn:
- Fundus Drawing
- Recognition of various Retinal lesions
- Basic of FFA/OCT
- Indications of Photocoagulation
- Basics of B-Scan Ultra Sonography
- Lasers Photocoagulation
- Intra vitreal Injections
The Centre is equipped with
- IDO with accessories
- Fundus Camera
- Facilities of V-R Surgery
- Facilities of Laser Treatment
The curriculum provides extensive hands-on training along with live demonstrations and didactic lecture
1st Month- Diagnostic Retina
2nd Month- Intra Vitreal Injections + Laser procedure
Course duration 2 Months
Comprehensive Ophthalmology Fellowship
Duration- 18 months
Eligibility criteria- DO/DOMS/MS/ MD/ DNB in ophthalmology
Number of positions- 2/ half yearly
The Fellowship program is designed to upgrade the clinical and surgical skills of ophthalmologists who have recently completed residency. Fellowship aims to train budding ophthalmologists in the common eye diseases using clinical skills and diagnostic procedures.
During the tenure, fellows are posted in general OPD, outreach camps and rotated in various sub specialties. The fellow assumes increasing responsibility for patient care, under supervision of faculty members. He/she gains surgical experience by performing supervised and independent surgeries and by supervising residents. He/ she is trained in extracapsular cataract extraction, manual small incision cataract surgery and phacoemulsification, trabeculectomy, combined procedure, pterygium, entropion, DCR/ DCT and cyst/ mass excision.
Fellows are encouraged to participate in research projects and present their work in various conferences.
Application process: applications must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae. Interested candidates may contact: email@example.com
Fellowship Program- Phaco
Duration: One month. Exposure to around 20-25 Phaco Surgeries under the able guidance of M.S.
For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- One Year Practical Training
In-house trainings conducted at NEI by the Management and Doctors:
- CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement)
- Healthcare Excellence
- 5S method of workplace organization
- Introduction to Stress Management
- Behavioral Training
- Infection Control
- Quality and Safety
Trainings Conducted by External Resources at NEI
- Impact of worries and the ensuing tensions in human life (By Shri Shubha Vilas Prabhu, noted motivational and spiritual speaker, ISKCON)
- NABH Accreditation (By Dr. Prashant Kelkar, MD – Paediatrics and Assessor, NABH)
- Use of Centurion Phaco Machine System (By Dr. Gaurav Luthra, renowned Ophthalmologist of North India)
- CME on Oculoplasty (By Dr. Vishal Sharma, Oculoplasty, Orbit and Ocular Oncology Specialist, Amritsar Eye Clinic, Dehradun)